My Sunday Messages are On-line!

My Sunday messages are available in the sermon player below. Just scroll down to see it. There are many available in the archive, use the scroll bar on the player to view them. Please post a comment about them. I value your feedback!

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Guitly as Charged - Meetings Are Too Long!

In my quest to become a better leader, I have run across a variety of helpful resources which I plan to share with you throughout the year. As uncomfortable as it has been, many of them have helped me better identify and understand my shortcomings as a leader.

One area in which I've fallen short is making meetings productive and concise. This is something I am working to correct. I found the following article on a business leadership blog entry on meetings helpful. Though it is designed for a business audience, it has many applications in our congregational context. (By the way, ROI is Return on Investment.)

http://www.leadersbeacon.com/want-greater-roi-from-your-meetings-six-questions-that-will-make-the-difference/

I will be putting more insights and other things I have learned here on my blog. I encourage you to come back and check for new entries often. Please leave comments so we can dialogue through this venue.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

michaelhyatt.com/2008/11/why-most-meetings-still-suck.html

michaelhyatt.com/2007/02/seven-rules-for-more-effective-meetings.html

These are two great links from Michael Hyatt's blog about meetings and making them effective. It turned my office around when I force fed them this material. :)

Pastor Tim said...

Thank you, Seiji! I appreciate the links and will check them out.

Anonymous said...

Helpful resources? Love that idea, I like reading where I'm learning!

Sermon Player

Pictures of our Church and Preschool