My Sunday Messages are On-line!

My Sunday messages are available in the sermon player below. Just scroll down to see it. There are many available in the archive, use the scroll bar on the player to view them. Please post a comment about them. I value your feedback!

Monday, May 10, 2010

Max Lucado is helping me!

I have been reading Max Lucado's "Facing Your Giants"at the recommendation of a good friend. On pages 74-75 he is discussing David and his men at the Brook Besor. At one very discouraging point when almost everyone has turned against him, David turns to the Lord for help. As Max expounds:

"'But David strengthened himself in the Lord his God.' (1 Samuel 30:6) How essential that we learn to do the same. Support systems don't always support. Friends aren't always friendly. Pastors can wander off base and churches get out of touch.When no one can help, we have to do what David does here. He turns toward God."

This is a great encouragement and reminder for us all. Thanks, Max! (Great book, by the way, I highly recommend it.)

No comments:

Sermon Player

Pictures of our Church and Preschool